Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Licensed!

On July 8th I was issued my dental hygiene license!  I was extremely excited because this meant I had passed State Boards and was done with all my testing... but I was a little "not excited" because I wasn't expecting to get my license for about three more weeks and this meant I had no excuse to not job hunt.  So I was thrown into the search a little early and was thoroughly disappointed with the job market.  There were almost no listings on any websites, the temp agencies weren't getting any calls, and the pay being offered was much less than I was expecting.  I went through a break down moment about three days into my hunt because I felt that it was hopeless.  Little did I know that I would get a job within a week and a half or getting my license at a really great office!  I have been working Mondays and Wednesdays in Long Beach with Tuesdays adding in September.  It has been really great so far and I love being a real dental hygienist :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay for your job! Oh to only work 2 days a week....what would that be like??

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, it's not by choice! i'm looking for more days... although it is kinda nice right now :)

    ReplyDelete